West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | WBPSC Judiciary | Latest Exam Pattern
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023: The West Bengal Judicial Service selection will be done on the basis of Pre, Mains, and Interview exams. MCQ-type questions and Descriptive-type questions will be asked in Pre and Main papers. The level of examination in both exams is of graduation level.
. The pre-exam will be conducted in only one paper, in Pre- Paper a total of 200 questions were asked from English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Test of Reasoning, Indian Constitution, Law of Contracts and Torts, Laws of Evidence, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, and Indian Penal Code, Personal Law, Law of Limitation and the total marks of this paper is 200 marks. After the pre-paper, the qualified candidate must qualify for the main exam.
Main exam questions are asked in Descriptive format and a total of 8 papers and 3 optional papers are conducted in the main exam and each paper will be of 100 marks. And each paper is given time 180 minutes. And after qualifying for the pre and mains exams the candidate has to appear for the interview. And the interview should be conducted for 100 marks. Merit list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Mains and Interview. Pre- Exam shows will only qualify nature.
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Civil Judge
- West Bengal Judicial Service Pre-Paper Syllabus 2023
- WBPSC Judicial Service Main Syllabus 2023
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Civil Judge Pre-Paper200 marks
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Mains Paper 1 English Composition, Precise writing 100 marks
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Mains Paper 2 Muhammadan Law 100 marks
- WBPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2023 Mains | Paper 3 Jurisprudence and principles of legislation100 marks
- WBPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Mains | Paper 4 Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance 100 marks
- WBPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2023 Mains Paper 5 Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief100 marks
- WBPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2023 | Paper 6 Partnership Act100 marks
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Paper 7 Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription100 marks
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Optional Paper 300 marks
- West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Interview 100 marks
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Civil Judge
01 Pre-Exam Paper (Only ONE Paper)
02 Mains-Exam Paper 1 to 8 and Optional Paper 1 to 3
04 Document Verification
Online Exam Paper: [ Overview ]
West Bengal Judicial Service Pre-Paper Syllabus 2023
The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is conducting a Judicial Service exam with the syllabus for 2023. The exam will be held offline and will be of graduate level with multiple choice questions (MCQs). The paper medium will be in both English and Bengali, with a total of 200 questions to be answered within 180 minutes.
The total marks for the exam are 200, with each correct answer being awarded 1 mark. There is no negative marking in this exam. The pre-paper will consist of topics such as English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Test of Reasoning, Indian Constitution, Law of Contracts and Torts, Laws of Evidence, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Personal Law, and Law of Limitation.
|WBPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Pre-Paper|
|Organization||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Type|
|Paper Medium||English and Bengali|
|Time Duration||180 Minute|
|Correct Answer||01 Marks|
|Negative Marking||No, (0 Marks)|
|Pre-Paper :||English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Test of Reasoning, Indian Constitution, Law of Contracts and Torts, Laws of Evidence, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, and Indian Penal Code, Personal Law, Law of Limitation|
|✦ নীচে সম্পূর্ণ বিবরণ দেখুন (⬇) |
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Test of Reasoning||40|
|Law of Contracts and Torts||20|
|Laws of Evidence||20|
|Civil Procedure Code||20|
|Criminal Procedure Code||20|
|Indian Penal Code||20|
|Law of Limitation||20|
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Civil Judge Pre-Paper 200 marks
- English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs
- Test of Reasoning, Indian Constitution
- Law of Contracts and Torts
- Laws of Evidence
- Civil Procedure Code
- Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code
- Personal Law
- Law of Limitation
WBPSC Judicial Service Main Syllabus 2023
The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is conducting a Judicial Service exam as part of its syllabus for 2023. The exam will be held offline and is designed for graduates. The paper medium for the exam will be in Bengali and English, with a total of 8 main papers and 3 optional papers. Each paper is worth 100 marks, with a total of 1100 marks for the entire exam.
The main papers include English Composition and Precise Writing, Muhammadan Law, Jurisprudence and Principles of Legislation, Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance, Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief, Partnership Act, Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription, and The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law.
The optional papers are Optional Subject I, Optional Subject II, and Optional Subject III, each worth 100 marks.
|WBPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Main Paper|
|Organization||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|Exam Type||Descriptive Type|
|Paper Medium||Bengali and English|
|Total Paper||Total Paper 8 and 3 Optional Paper and Each Paper 100 marks|
|Paper 1:||English Composition, Precise writing(100 Marks)|
|Paper 2:||Muhammadan Law(100 Marks)|
|Paper 3;||Jurisprudence and principles of legislation(100 Marks)|
|Paper 4:||Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance(100 Marks)|
|Paper 5:||Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief(100 Marks)|
|Paper 6:||Partnership Act(100 Marks)|
|Paper 7:||Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription(100 Marks)|
|Paper 8:||The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law(100 Marks)|
|Optional Paper 1||Optional Subject I(100 Marks)|
|Optional Paper 2||Optional Subject II(100 Marks)|
|Optional Paper 3||Optional Subject III(100 Marks)|
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Mains Paper 1 English Composition, Precise writing 100 marks
- Essay to be written in English
- English Préci writing
- Translation of passage from Bengali to English -
- Translation of Passage from English to Bengali -
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Mains Paper 2 Muhammadan Law 100 marks
- Origin and development of Muslim Law. Shia and Sunni Schools.
- Sources of Muslim Law.
- The Shariat Act 1937—Muslim defined.
- Marriage—definition—form—capacity—disabilities—Legal effects mute.
- Dissolution of Marriage—forms—effects—the dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act—1939.
- Guardianship of person—property—in marriage
- Gifts(Hiba)—definition—incidents—life interests—forms— Musha
- Wakf—definition—classification—incidents—family endowments—
Wakt Act of 1954—Mutavalli.
- Pre-emption—definition—origin—application—legal effects
- Wasiyya (Wills) and death-bed gifts.
- Administration of Estate.
- Inheritance—general principles—Shia and Sunni systems.
WBPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2023 Mains | Paper 3 Jurisprudence and principles of legislation 100 marks
- Jurisprudence: Meaning, Nature and Purpose, analytical,
Historical and Ethical Schools
- Jurisprudence: Meaning, Nature and Purpose, analytical,
- Nature of law: Law, Imperative law, and Natural law theories
legal realism, Hart's theory, Constitutional law, International law,
definition of law, function, and purpose of the law, Questions of law and fact; law and equity
- Administrative : Origin-necessity-Theory of punishment; of
justice kinds of punishment.
- . Sources of law: 1. Legislation-Nature, supreme legislation rules of Interpreation-Mischief Rule, Golden Rule, etc.
2. Precedent: Theory authoritative and persuasive precedents,
stare devices, ratio decidendi.
3. Custom: Meaning, kind-scope
- Legal rights: Characteristics, kinds of legal rights.
- Ownership and possession :
1. Corporeal and Incorporeal ownership-trust, vested and
2. Possession in fact and in law-Animus possidenSdi-Immediate
& Mediate possession-Relation between possession and ownership
- Persons: Meaning of personality-legal person-legal status
of dead persons, Unborn persons, corporations
- T I t l e s: Meaning, festive facts, agreements
- . Liability: Nature and kinds, penal liability, men's rea; remedial
- Negligence: Meaning, advertence, and inadvertence, the duty of care,
Donoughue Vs. Stevenson, subjective and objective theories.
- . Intention: Meaning,! intention and motive, malice, Jus
- Strict liability: Ryland Vs. Fletcher-Theory and extent of
- Mistake of law and fact.
- Vicarious Liability.
- . Property: Meaning, Kinds, Movable and Immovable
property, real and personal, rights in re proposed-leases-servitudes
Acquisition: Modes, occupation, prescription, inheritance.
- . Obligation: Nature and meaning, solidary obligations, source
. -Contractual: tortuous, quasi-contractual, and innominate obligations.
- Procedure: Procedural and substantive law, the law of
- Nature of law: Law, Imperative law, and Natural law theories
WBPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 Mains | Paper 4 Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance 100 marks
- Types Of Companies
- Promotion And Incorporation Of Companies
- Memorandum Of Association And Articles Of Association
- Contracts And Conversions
- Concept Of Capital And Financing Of Companies
- Alteration Of Share Capital
- Private Placement And Prospectus
- Debt Capital
- Creation And Registration Of Charges
- Allotment Of Securities And Issue Of Certificates
- Membership In A Company
- Transfer And Transmission Of Securities
- Institution Of Directors
- Independent Directors
- Board And Its Powers
- Appointment And Remuneration Of Key Managerial Personnel
- General meetings
- Loans And Investments By Company
- Accounts And Audit
- Divisible Profits And Dividends
- Board’s Report And Disclosures
- Registers, Forms, And Returns
- Inspection And Investigation
- Majority Rule And Minority Rights
- Merger, De-merger, Amalgamation, Compromise And
Arrangements – An Overview
- Producer Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Application Of Company Law To Different Sectors
- Offenses, Penalties, And Their Compounding
- Winding Up Of Companies
- Striking Off Name Of Companies
- An Introduction To E-governance And Xbrl
WBPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2023 Mains Paper 5 Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief 100 marks
- Equity- Its origin, nature, history and developments
- Equity- Definition, Descriptions, Characteristics
- Equity- Subject matters and Needs
- Equity and England Common Law
- Equity- Supplementary to Common Law
- Equity-The chancellor
- Equity- The fusion and Effects of The Judicature Acts- and
- Maxims of Equity-Meaning, Application And Cases Etc...
- Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
- Equity follows the Law
- Equity acts in personam
- Delay defeats equity
- He who seeks equity must do equity
- He who comes into equity must come with clean hands
- Equality is equity
- Equity looks to the intent rather than the form
- Equity looks on that as done which ought to be done
- Equity imputes an intention to fulfill an obligation
- Where there are equal equities, the law shall prevail.
- History developments and concept of Trust
- Definition , classification and kinds of Trust Creation of Trusts
- Appointments, Discharge, Duties and Liabilities of Trustees
- Right, Powers and Disabilities of Trustees
- Extinction of Trusts
- Specific Relief Act
- Persons against whom specific enforcement can be ordered
- Rescission and cancellation
- Injunction : Temporary and Perpetual
- Declaratory orders
- Discretion and power of court
WBPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2023 | Paper 6 Partnership Act 100 marks
- Short title extent and commencement.
- Application of provisions of Act IX of 1872.
- Definition of "Partnership", "Partner
- Partnership not created by status.
- Mode of determining existence of partnership.
- Particular Partnership.
- General duties of partners.
- Duty to indemnify for loss caused by fraud.
- Determination of rights and duties of partners by contract.
- The conduct of the business.
- Mutual right and liabilities.
- The property of the firm.
- Application of the property of the firm.
- Personal profits earned by partners.
- Rights and duties of partners after a change in the firm.
- Partner to be agent of the firm.
- Implied authority of partner as agent of the firm.
- Extension and restriction of partner's implied authority.
- Partner's authority in an emergency.
- Mode of doing act to bind firm.
- Effect of admission by a partner.
- Effect of notice to acting partner.
- Liability of a partner for acts of the firm.
- Liability of the firm for wrongful acts of a partner.
- Liability of firm for misapplication by partners.
- Holding out.
- Rights of transferee of a partner's interest.
- 30 Minors admitted to the benefits of partnership.
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Paper 7 Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription 100 marks
- Bar of limitation.
- Expiry of prescribed period when court is closed.
- Extension of prescribed period in certain cases.
- Legal disability.
- Disability of one of several persons.
- Special exceptions.
- Continuous running of time.
- Suits against trustees and their representatives.
- Suits on contracts entered into outside the territories to which the Act extends
- Exclusion of time in legal proceedings.
- Exclusion of time in cases where leave to sue or appeal as a pauper is applied for.
- Exclusion of time of proceeding bona fide in court without jurisdiction.
- Exclusion of time in certain other cases.
- Effect of death on or before the accrual of the right to sue.
- Effect of fraud or mistake.
- Effect of acknowledgment in writing.
- Effect of payment on account of debt or of interest on legacy.
- Effect of acknowledgment or payment by another person.
- Effect of substituting or adding new plaintiff or defendant.
- Continuing breaches and torts.
- Suits for compensation for acts not actionable without special damage.
- Computation of time mentioned in instruments.
- Acquisition of easements by prescription.
- Exclusion in favour of reversioner of servient tenement.
- Extinguishment of right to property.
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Optional Paper 300 marks
- Optional Paper 1 (100 Marks)
- Optional Paper 2 (100 Marks)
- Optional Paper 3 (100 Marks)
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 | Interview 100 marks
- Personal Ability
- General Interest
- Mental Calibre of the candidate
- Emotional Intelligence
- Presence of Mind
- Leadership Qualities
- Intellectual Qualities
- Social Traits
- Critical Powers of Assimilation
- Clear and Logical Exposition
- Balance of Judgment
- Knowledge of Interest
- The ability for Social Cohesion
- Moral Integrity
- Common Sense
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 FAQs⭐How many papers will be conducted in the WBPSC Judicial Service Pre-Exam?
There will be conducted only one paper.⭐How many papers will be conducted in the WBPSC Judicial Service Main- Exam?
There will be conducted 8 papers in Main-Exam.⭐How many papers will be there in optional subjects?
There will be conducted 3 papers in the Optional subject.⭐How much time is given for the pre-exam?
Sarkari Naukri Exams-
Thanks for visiting us!
If you have any question please add a comment.
We will reply within 24 Hours.
Thanks & Regards!
Sarkari Naukri Exams.